NY Wine Spotting is on Fire!
The NY Wine Spotting movement officially kicked off in July with our kick-off event at Casa Larga Vineyards. Since then we’ve gained momentum with television appearances and press. Our participating wineries and restaurants are growing. And our NY Wine Spotters are everywhere looking for NY wines and making recommends when they don’t see them.
Some notable accomplishments already:
• We’ve produced a television spot to promote the Top Ten NY Wine Spots during the holidays.
• We’ve appeared on WHAM 13 Morning News and ROC City Tonight. And have been heard on WXXI radio.
• We’ve had several articles written about the movement in notable publications like the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, Syracuse Post Standard, Syracuse New Times, Finger Lakes Times and Edible Finger Lakes to name a few.
• Influential food and wine bloggers have picked up the story including William Dowd and Eat First (CNY Food Blog).
• We’ve hosted the first of what will be many industry wine tour and tasting event to introduce wineries to local restaurants.
Click below to see and hear more.
Two Events Monday Highlight Promotion of the Finger Lakes: Julie Sherwood, MPN Now
Competition Aims for Local Wines on Shelves: Julie Sherwood, MPN Now
Casa Larga Event to Advocate for NY State Wines: Rochester Democrat & Chronicle
Keep Your Eye on Wine Lists for NY Wines: Margaret McCormick, Syracuse New Times
Simply Crepes Focuses on Local Wines: Rochester Democrat & Chronicle
Waterloo Container to Fund Holiday Campaign: Julie Sherwood, MPN Now
On the Spot: NY Wine Spotting: Nicole Mahoney, Life in the Finger Lakes
Biz Buzz: NY Wine Spotting: Finger Lakes Times
NY Wine Spotting Pushes Wine to Restaurants: William Dowd, examiner.com
NY Wine Spotting: Is this the Campaign that Finally Gets More NY Wine into Local Restaurants?:
Evan Dawson, NY Cork Report
OTHER COOL STUFF